Best Halloween Cocktails and Drinks is a night of debauched house parties, hazy memories, and bad “sexy” costumes. The drink of choice for most revelers? Whatever the hell you can find in someone else’s fridge—which more often than not means cheap, shitty beer.
It doesn’t have to be that way. In fact, it shouldn’t. Here are five easy, tasty drinks to help you enjoy the holiday. Just be careful, with Best Halloween Cocktails and Drinks because the hangover can be a monster.
(That’s a Halloween joke, folks.)
1. Dark and Stormy
It’s not particularly bloody, nor does it shoot flames, but the Dark and Stormy does give you the opportunity to launch into any number of scary stories. No better time than Halloween to channel Edgar Allan Poe while downing copious amounts of dark rum. Best Halloween Cocktails and Drinks
- 2 oz. dark rum
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- 1/2 oz. lime juice (optional)
- Collins glass
- Combine the rum, the ginger beer, and the lime juice in a tall glass full of ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
2. The Zombie
Maybe tiki drinks and Halloween don’t seem like natural bedfellows, but it’s all about the name here. Limit two per person, unless you want to use that sheet from your ghost costume as a blanket after you pass out.
- 1/2 oz white rum
- 1 1/2oz. golden rum
- 1 oz. dark rum
- 1/2 oz. 151-proof rum
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 tsp. pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. papaya juice
- 1 tsp. superfine sugar
- Stir together all the ingredients except the 151 and pour into a 14-ounce glass three-fourths full of cracked ice.
- Float the 151 as a lid by pouring it into a spoon and gently dipping it under the surface of the drink. Take a match to this mixture; it will burn.
- Garnish with mint (either straight or dipped in lime juice and then superfine sugar) and/or fruit.
3. Bloody Mary
Again: the name. Sensing a theme here? Drink this in the morning—or the morning after. Depending on the color of your costume (we’re thinking red; you know, demonic stuff), it can work the night of, too. Best Halloween Cocktails and Drinks
- 1/4 c. tomato juice
- 1/4 inch horshradish, chopped
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce (Tabasco, Tapatio, etc.)
- 1/2 lime, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 lemon, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp. vodka
- dash of black pepper
- dash of sea salt
- dash of celery seeds
- 2 oz. vodka
- 6-8 oz. Bloody Mary mix
- Blend horseradish, Worcestershire, celery seeds, and tomato juice until smooth.
- Add lemon, lime, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Adjust the mix to taste depending on how spicy, salty, or citrusy you like it.
- Add a tablespoon of vodka to stabilize the mix and keep the juices fresh.
- Combine 6-8 ounces of the mix with 2 ounces of vodka into a glass. Pour back and forth into another glass with ice 3 or 4 times to mix.
- Garnish with a celery stalk and a lime.Best Halloween Cocktails and Drinks
4. Blood and Sand
OK, OK. Last one. We promise. But aside from the fact that this has “blood” in the moniker, it’s also a genuine classic. The depth of the scotch is balanced by a little sweetness from the cherry liqueur and the vermouth. Dark, but not too dark. Just like Halloween. Best Halloween Cocktails and Drinks
- 3/4 oz. Scotch whisky
- 3/4 oz. rosso vermouth
- 1/4 oz. cherry brandy
- 1 1/2 oz. orange juice
- Fill a rocks glass with big ice cubes. Shake up all the ingredients and pour them over the top.
5. Dogfish Head Punkin Ale
It’s a pumpkin ale that actually tastes like pumpkin. If you’ve had any of the many, many options out there that can’t even satisfy that relatively reasonable-sounding requirement, you’ll know why that’s exciting.
Also Read Best Halloween Cocktails And Drinks